During our 2015 Annual Board Meeting, we developed a 3-year plan. We are pleased to say we have made much progress on accomplishing these goals.
Full List of Activities in 3-Year Plan of Work
Initiate Strategic Planning and/or Quick Assessment Effort
- Review of Mission/Purpose
- Conduct SWOT Assessment (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats)
- Analysis of Issues and Challenges
- Develop Plan of Action (with Goals, Objectives, Tasks, Timelines)
Develop Plan to create a “Friends of WCHF Group” (and assess role of Affiliate members)
Strengthen Biographical Information and Files for those Nominated for Induction
- Request Exec. Committee member assistance
- Use of Selection Criteria and Nomination Review Forms
Expansion of Organizational Membership
- Create List and Make Recommendations to BOD at Annual Meeting
- Send Invitation Packet and Coordinate follow-up activities
What can WCHF do to increase membership services to member organizations and to affiliate members?
Prepare for 2015 Induction Ceremony
Recruit volunteers to help with the induction (from Exec. Committee and BOD).
Create Induction Ceremony Planning/Operational Guide with Timelines
(to assist in preparing for the Induction ceremony)
Develop a Paid Position for a WCHF Administrative Assistant/Executive Secretary
- To assist with operation and management of the WCHF.
- Perhaps in cooperation with Schmeeckle Reserve and/or the College of Natural Resources.
Create Fundraising Plan and Activities
- WCHF Newsletter (need assistance)
- WCHF Website and Electronic Media (needed changes and ongoing renovation).
- News Releases and Media Contacts
- Magazine/ Journal Articles
- Identify and Pursue Educational Opportunities
- Cooperation with Schmeeckle Reserve on Programs and Special Events.
- Collaborations with other organizations on events/activities.
Promoting Diversity in the WCHF (added 11-7-15)
- Identify and implement strategies to promote Diversity (gender, ethnic, etc.) in:
- WCHF Leadership (BOD, BOG, Exec. Com.)
- Nomination and Selection of Inductees
- Create Task Force (11-7-15)